The beginning of summer is fast approaching, and we have some updates from the City of Albion!
McIntosh Splash Pad Opening
Get the kids ready because the splash pad is opening Friday, May 26th at 12 PM, free and open to the public. The splash pad hours will continue seven days a week 10 AM to 8 PM through Tuesday, September 5th, 2023.
Beat the heat and have some fun in the sun this summer with the free splash pad!
City Hall Summer Hours
From Memorial Day to Labor Day, City Hall hours will be Monday-Thursday from 7 AM to 5 PM, and Friday 8 AM to 12 PM. Plan accordingly if you need to visit City Hall this summer. The drop box and online payment options are still available for residents during non-working hours.
Residential Clean-Up Event
Saturday, June 24th, from 8 Am to 1 PM at Ketchum and Harris Fields, you can drop off unwanted items to clean out your spaces. As in the past, there is a list of regulations and unacceptable items.
- Appliances – Certified Freon Removed. Doors must be removed.
- Latex Paint – must be made solid with sand or cat litter
- Loose trash must be boxed or in clear plastic bags
- Limited to what two people can lift
- A limited amount of building or demolition material – material must be boxed or bundled with a size no larger than 4 feet by 3 feet by 2 feet
Ketchum Field Location Only:
- Tires without rims or wheels – limited to a maximum of 7 tires per load. No tractor tires, loader tires, semi or monster truck tires
- Liquids or hazardous materials – including oil-based paint
- Batteries, car parts, or heavy iron
- Rocks, sand, concrete, rubble, or dead animals
- Appliances containing Freon
- Brush, stumps, grass, or leaves
- Industrial or commercial waste
Make sure to enjoy the McIntosh Splash Pad, visit City Hall during their summer hours, and bring unwanted items to the Residential Clean-Up Event this summer.